View frequently asked questions (FAQ) for University of Connecticut.

General Questions

How can I buy a UConn 2000 Bond?

Since 1996, University of Connecticut bonds generally have been issued in $5,000 denominations as fully registered book entry bonds, without physical certificates or coupons to clip. Bond transactions are recorded in electronic computerized book entry form by the Depository Trust Company (DTC), a New York limited purpose trust company and member of the Federal Reserve System. DTC is also a registered clearing agency under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and holds securities for participants. Direct Participants include securities brokers and dealers, banks, trust companies, clearing corporations, and certain other organizations. Purchase of the book entry bonds under the DTC system must be made by or through the Direct Participants who will receive a credit for the bonds on DTCs computerized records. The Direct Participants are in turn responsible for keeping accurate records of their individual clients’ holdings and issuing written transaction confirmations and periodic account statements to the individual clients. Under this system individual bondholders do not receive physical certificates representing their ownership of the bonds, but should receive account statements of their holdings from their securities broker.

Bonds can only be purchased through a registered broker-dealer.

For a listing of registered brokers-dealers:

I own UConn 2000 Bonds, and I have a question concerning:
  • An interest or principal payment;
  • Whether any notices have been issued to call the bonds prior to maturity;
  • The registration of the bonds;
  • A bond that has matured;
  • Or similar question;

Please contact U.S. Bank, Global Corporate Trust Services Attn.: Bondholder Services – EP-MN-WS2N 111 Fillmore Avenue East St. Paul, MN 55107-1402, 1-800-934-6802  Customer Service Representatives are available Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Central Time as they are the paying agent for these bonds and are best suited to answer these questions for you.